Day 5 of SOLSC

This week ends the Read Across America week dedicated to encouraging students to enjoy reading and celebrating the wonderful author Dr. Seuss. I find reading one of my greatest pleasures and I hope to instill that same love for literature with my students. Here's my tribute to Dr. Seuss with a little poem that describes my love for teaching.

I Love My Job!
The Lost Dr Seuss Poem


I love my job, I love the pay!
I love it more and more each day.
I love my students, they are the best!
They are more unique than all the rest.

I love my classroom each corner and wall
It makes me happy to have things decorating my hall.
I love my decorations, they are bright not grey,
And piles of paper that grow each day!

I think my job is really swell,
There's nothing else I love so well.
I love to work among my peers,
I love them oh, they are such dears

I love the warm weather and outdoor recess
Of course I love it when I have no stress!
I love having no papers galore
It is true my day is never a bore.

I love my computer with no emails
Answering messages promptly – I never fail
When I remembered everything to be taught
A great joy of teaching – that’s what I’ve thought

I'm happy to be here and that’s no lie
Work smarter not harder – our battle cry!
I love this work, I love each kid.
It’s only after school duty from which I’ve hid.

I love my job – no ifs, ands or buts
I’ll even learn to live with the budget cuts
‘Cuz no matter what happens I’ll never stray
My students are the best – each and every day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 of SOLSC

Day 27 of SOLSC

Day 2 of SOLSC